My work is in pastels on sanded paper to achieve the blend of light and color I seek in a landscape. On many occasions the work is done plein air, i.e., on site. The works are small (6 x 9 inches) to medium sized (11 x 14 inches) with the largest seldom more than 14" x 20" unframed. Paintings shown here are a representative sample of my work.
• 2020 - Dakota Pastels Award Winner! Waterlily Morning, has been selected by the venerated juror, Liz Haywood-Sullivan, for an Honorable Mention at the Dakota Art Pastel Soft Pastel Competition out of 949 entries.
• 2020 - First Place, Still Life for “Prickly Pair” poppy awarded by Jeanne Rosier Smith at the Austin Pastel Society Juried Members Show held at the Austin Art and Framers Gallery, in Austin, Texas.
• 2019 - Second Place awards in both Landscape and Still Life for “Dreamland” in oil and cold wax, and “Prickly Poppy” in oil at the Sun City Visual Arts Club in Georgetown, Texas.
• 2019 – Two paintings, “Prickly Pair" and “Water Lilly Morning,” were both juried into this prestigious show at the Pastel Society of Southeast Texas National Juried Show at the Gallery of Round Top in Round Top, Texas.
• 2018 - First Place award in Landscape for “Old Wagon Trail to Santa Fe” pastel at the Sun City Visual Arts Club in Georgetown, Texas.
• 2020 - The Big Little Art Show II A show by two local, award-winning women artists displaying larger works of art in a variety of mediums at the Round Rock Public Library in Round Rock, Texas.
• 2019 - The Big Little Art Show. A show of six local, award-winning women artists displaying exceptional works of art in pastel at the Round Rock Public Library in Round Rock, Texas.
It has been an exciting journey learning to capture the light and colors of landscapes in pastels. The luscious, buttery softness of the medium along with the beautiful landscapes move me to create paintings with strong shadows, interesting patterns, dynamic colors and spatial depth. I love how the light plays across the expanse of the landscape and find the Texas Hill Country beauty truly inspiring. I use only the finest pastels that have a proven light fastness for upwards of 300 years. I also use Anti-Reflective glass to block 95% of UV rays. My works are collected by clients in California, Texas, Colorado, and New Mexico.
If you find an original painting on this website that you are interested in owning please contact me to determine the total price including shipping, insurance, and if you desire to have us frame the piece for you. A commissioned painting based on your cherished photograph is also possible.
It would be great to hear from you regarding my work or about your idea for a commissioned painting. Your needs in framing or unframed and shipping can usually be met. Shipping art around the country has proven to be without issue. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.